Conceived by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) with an aim to create a healthy, happy and safe community and to strengthen Dubai’s position on the world map for medical tourism, DXH offers comprehensive medical packages that have been exclusively created with the help of over 26 highly reputed healthcare facilities in the emirate. The brand also offers return flights through Emirates Airlines and hotel stays as part of the patient’s journey. Patients can choose from a wide range of medical specialties according to your requirements, from wellness and preventative health checks to cosmetic surgeries.
Dubai Health Experience (DXH) is the prestige brand conceived by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) to strengthen the position of Dubai on the world map of medical tourism under the directive of HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council.
Fulfilling this vision, DHA aims to be a pioneer in the field of medical tourism and be a market leader for elective treatments in niche specialties and DXH aims to provide high-quality medical services and an unparalleled holiday experience in one of the world’s most dynamic cities.
Dubai plans to strengthen its position in the health care sector, based on sophisticated infrastructure and adoption of the latest equipment and systems from healthy transparency and adopt international standards for patient care.
Dubai is already a globally renowned tourist destination as the fourth most visited city in the world, and now envisages making healthcare part of the lifestyle experience with an impressive range of premier accredited hospitals and over 35,000 healthcare professionals from 110 nationalities providing a warm reception to patients in their own language.
The easy to navigate single window Smart application as well as the digital gateway which greets exploring medical tourists to a high quality comprehensive and integrated health service system that DXH aims to deliver through its website. The website offers comprehensive medical packages that have been created with the help of over 25 healthcare facilities that form the ‘DXH Group’ which is the official group that comprises the participating healthcare facilities in the Dubai medical tourism project.All the members of the group have been carefully evaluated by the Dubai Health Authority to ensure quality, safety and service standards to inbound medical tourists.
The DXH website also offers the chance to choose from a wide range of medical specialties and services covering advanced elective procedures in cosmetic treatment & surgery, orthopaedics and sports medicine, ophthalmology, dental, dermatology, wellness and preventive health check-up, as well as assisted reproductive techniques and weight loss management and surgeries. These packages are featured with detailed inclusions and exclusions, making it easy for medical tourists to compare and select the best choices suited to their budget.
To further assist overseas medical tourists, the website also has extensive travel information including visa requirements (if needed) and the option of booking both hotel stays and return flights through Emirates Airlines. The availability of all services provided in Dubai by our strategic partners on DXH website, allows visitors seeking treatment in Dubai one platform that is easy to access for information to a seamless journey to Dubai.
DXH’s unique proposition is the patient centric approach with assurance of the quality of service provided and the unparalleled reassurance guaranteed even after the treatment ends.
In support of this vision, DHA developed a transparent Patient Protection Plan with the provision of the Charter of patient’s rights and responsibilities, a broad-ranging Inbound Medical Tourist Travel Insurance Scheme and a well-structured Medical Complaints Management Process in case the patient needs.
The Inbound Medical Tourist Travel Scheme provides cover for travel-associated risks to an inbound medical tourist while in Dubai for a variety of situations, including emergency medical expenses up to $50,000 for each insured person. This policy is available from all members of the DXH Group at the time of booking procedure/packages and is strongly encouraged for each patient.
The Complaints Management Process is specifically designed to resolve medical complaints the patient may have regarding treatment. The medical tourists can file an e-complaint on the DXH portal that is immediately looked into and addressed by the clinical governance office at Dubai Health Authority.
In its entirety, Dubai Health Experience (DXH) is the culmination of the DHA’s efforts to provide advanced and comprehensive healthcare services towards a healthier and happier experience for all patients as well as medical tourists in the Emirate of Dubai thus allowing them to fully ‘Embrace Life’.
The DXH mobile app is available on both Android and Apple stores, allowing you access to information at your convenience and the ability to make appointments online.
DXH At A Glance
- Emirates Airline partnership
- Emirates Airline is our strategic partner and our national carrier, and we have signed a memorandum of understanding in order to promote medical tourism in Dubai and fulfill the emirate’s goal of attracting 1.3 million medical tourists by 2021.
- The MoU is aimed to cultivate Emirates Airline’s international status and widespread travel routes to fulfil the medical tourism project.
- DXH insurance and visas
- Dubai Health Authority collaborated with Alliance Insurance Company to offer a unique travel insurance package that has been designed specifically for inbound medical tourists traveling to Dubai.
- The policy provides cover while in the UAE for a variety of situations, including additional expenses in the event of an unexpected complication arising following a planned procedure, emergency medical expenses, repatriation, lost luggage and passport in addition to covering the accommodation facilities expenses for escorts.
- This insurance is valid from the moment the tourists book their flight tickets; insurance to cover the escorts can be bought separately.
- In addition to the tourist visa that can be applied for by patients, Dubai offers 90-days medical tourism visa in cooperation with General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs –this visa is renewable for an extra 30 days depending on the procedure and the patient’s case.
- DXH website and social media channel
- The first place most travelers seek information is online which is why we have ensured that our new website www.dxh.ae is easy to navigate using smart applications that makes is simple medical tourists plan their visit from A to Z. Among the many things the website provides does are:
- Offers comprehensive medical packages with detailed inclusions and exclusions
- Features detailed Patient Bill of Rights and Patient Protection Plan (All medical packages provide medical insurance to cover any complication or medical liability)
- Makes it easy for medical tourists to compare and select the best choices suited to their budget
- Has extensive travel information including visa requirements (if needed) and the option of booking both hotel stays and return flights through Emirates Airlines
- Offers the chance to choose from a wide range of medical specialties and services covering advanced elective procedures
- DXH social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter): DXH Connect
- What differentiates Dubai as a medical tourism destination
- One of our key points of difference is the exceptional and integrated experience that Dubai can offer. Just a few of the benefits for medical tourists include:
- Dubai’s advanced infrastructure and facilities, regulatory processes and the implementation of international best practice – This has helped the Emirate secure a pioneering position in diagnostics and treatment in a wide range of differing medical areas.
- The extensive network of fully integrated and easy to use transportation systems including the metro, tram, buses and taxis which allows visitors to commute conveniently across the city.
- Finest and most luxurious hotels that meet the demands of tourists giving tourists the opportunity to combine the fun of tourism in Dubai whilst receiving world-class treatments by skilled medical specialists and providing a fantastic environment for families and friends to relax in as well
- Iconic touristic attractions, shopping malls, and cultural and entertainment activities that attracts tourists from different ages.
- Translation services when required and facilitating all travel procedures.
- All partners and members of the DXH group that comprises 25 leading hospitals and clinics in Dubai have been carefully evaluated by the Dubai Health Authority to ensure quality, safety and service standards to inbound medical tourists.
- Dubai has more than 3,000 health facilities ranging from hospitals and clinics to advanced surgery centers with more than 35,000 health specialists working in the sector. These numbers are expected to grow to 40,000 specialists and 4,000 health centres by 2020.
- We are already being recognised for our medical tourism offer and that includes a number of Awards – ‘ The best integrated destination for medical tourism’ during the Tenth International Exhibition and Conference on medical tourism in September 2015 and the ‘Innovation in Medical Tourism’ in Greece in May 2015
- Our strategy is to focus mainly on attracting medical tourists from the GCC, followed by focusing on the Asian and African markets.
- The United Kingdom is also a target as well as Africa, including Nigeria and Angola.
DXH medical specialties
- Dubai caters to a wide array of preventive, curative and elective medical procedures.
- The focus of DXH strategy at this stage is the elective procedures such as aesthetics and bariatric surgeries for weight loss.
- In addition to this, our focus is on orthopedics and sports medicine, dental, dermatology, wellness and preventive health check-ups.
- There are packages also available for assisted reproductive techniques a treatment that is now in high demand for medical tourists.
- At the moment, orthopaedics and Aesthetics both are proving to be one of the biggest attractions with a high percentage of visitors planning their procedures in Dubai.
Expected revenues and number of tourists
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has projected an influx of nearly 1.3 million medical tourists by 2021.
- The annual revenue from medical tourism is estimated to increase by 13 per cent every year in the next five years.